Requisition ID: 21060
Job Category: Administration/Support
Location: Kitimat, BC, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is currently looking for a Document Controller for a remote construction site in British Columbia with a rotational schedule of 17 days on site, 11 days off. The successful candidate must be adaptable, self-motivated, have the ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment, and be able to build and maintain strong relationships with both colleagues and external clients through excellent verbal and written communication.
- Allocating deliverable document numbers as required ;
- Transmitting deliverables and other documents as instructed by project leads ;
- Managing the EDMS portals for transmitting, receiving and distributing documents to external users ;
- Printing, filing, copying, scanning as required ;
- Participating in other project document control initiatives and data management tasks ;
- Project hard copy filing for controlled documents, assisting the lead document controller in setting up hard copy filing and maintaining hard copy filing ;
- Assisting with the final handover of documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Project document controllers require previous document control experience (3 to 5 years) in an engineering project environment (including Vendor/Contractor documentation) or data management environment using an electronic document management system ;
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications, Adobe Acrobat, file management tools e.g. Explorer and WinZip and demonstrated ability to learn other software tools ;
- Ability to follow workflows and standards ;
- Experience in working within a team with ability and willingness to share knowledge.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.