Equipment Operator Employee Type Employee
Requisition Primary Location
Waste Connections has an immediate position available for an Equipment Operator at our Windsor Transfer Station . The primary duties of this job is operating our John Deere and Volvo loaders, CAT wheel loader, forklifts and 18 speed shunt tractor. On top of equipment operating you will also work with the public, will assist with cleaning and labour duties. We are looking for candidates with some heavy equipment experience (Loaders, forklifts, 18 speed truck.) Heavy Yellow iron a plus!
Pay: $23.00 per hour with overtime after 44 hours (when available). We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits along with retirement benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Loading waste compactor with loader
- Pushing, loading cardboard and shredded paper onto a conveyor for baler
- Moving finished bales to storage areas
- Loading trailers with finished bales
- Loading sand into dump trailers with loader
- Responsible for equipment inspection
- Assisting customers and employees as needed
- Cleaning and maintenance of work area and property
- Pushing snow during winter months
- Proven experience in operating front end loaders (other heavy equipment is a plus!)
- Ability to operate a manual transmission truck
- Ability to be self directed as well as work in a team environment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Must pass pre-employment background check
Waste Connections of Canada is an equal opportunity employer.