ITC Construction Group is one of Western Canada’s leading general contractors with offices in BC and Alberta and specializes in the areas of residential high-rise construction. We are currently recruiting an Estimator (intermediate level) for our Calgary Office. The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and within a team, have strong communication skills and attention to detail. If you are a self-starter motivated to make a career within our performance culture, apply online at www.itc-group.com
Construction experience is required. A Degree or Diploma in Building Tech, Applied Science or Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred.
- Complete the head sheet.
- Perform quantity takeoffs.
- Review trade comparison sheets.
- Assist in drawing distribution.
- Assist in the compilation and distribution of tender invitations.
- Assist in the compilation of the estimate.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of OST.
- Assist in the value engineering process.
- Assemble all historic cost reports.
- Performing the tasks required to complete the estimates/budgets. Types of budgets include:
- Preliminary Concept Budget based on concept design sketches.
- Progress Budget prepared from time to time during working drawing phase to determine cost implications of various construction methods proposed by clients’ designers and report value engineering recommendations as applicable.
- Bid or Tendered Budget – The cost estimates resulting from a tendered price based on construction document which will form the basis of a lump sum construction contract.
- Review and adjust Trade Scopes accordingly and include in the tender documents.
- Maintain and assist in the further development of Assemblies and Conceptual Estimate Models.
- Establish historic cost reports for each completed project from the final job cost report.
- Assist in the development and implementation of unit cost analysis reports and for comparing overall unit costs and trade unit costs for completed projects.
- If required, the Estimator may attend Owner or Architect meetings or the Estimator should set up Owner/Architect meetings so that he/she will have a complete and full understanding of the design intentions and criteria of the development.
- Open Estimate and Quotation Binder, and arrange the following sheets:
- Review specifications by trade section and/or work section, and set up sub-contract closing sheets by section.
- Check and list cash allowances.
- List separate prices and alternatives in appropriate sections if required.
- Notify tendering authority – i.e. construction association – that will be tendering.
- Project Evaluation:
- Review Drawings and Specifications and make project notes.
- Complete a concept estimate based on gross parameters and square foot costs to establish a preliminary budget.
- Quantity take-off and extensions:
- Perform detailed quantity take-off beginning with the larger trades and working towards the smaller trades.
- Complete estimate based on detail quantities.
- Schedule Integrator/Man-hour Analysis and Comparison
- The excavation and structure estimate may be sent to Microsoft Project as the basis of the tender schedule. Other work sections may also be forwarded as required.
- Estimate crew size required for each activity.
- Multiply crew size times daily work time to find man hours expended per day.
- Analyze the total labour required for the project.
No recruiters please. Only those shortlisted will be contacted
We are not accepting international candidates at this time. Applicants should be able to work legally in Canada, sponsorship is not available.