Brock Solutions is an innovative engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations worldwide. Some interesting areas we are exploring include industrial automation, machine learning, IIOT, cyber security, AI, robotics, and other technologies. With approximately 500 employees globally, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking an Applications Engineer to join our existing team of application engineers at our head office in Kitchener, ON.
As an Application Engineer, you will review Request for Proposal (RFP) specifications and interact with our customers to put together initial designs and estimates which contain the lower level programmable logic controls (PLC) and upper level software real-time automation solutions. You will draw upon our estimating standards and rules of thumb, as well as our subject matter experts' input to estimate and write up the technical and commercial aspects of the solution. This is an exciting role that has great career growth potential within applications engineering at Brock and other roles at Brock.
Employee-owned company with profit sharing, comprehensive benefits, company events and charitable initiatives, a diverse workplace, BBQs and Lunch & Learns, Sport teams, Group fitness initiatives, and a “Work hard, Play hard” culture are just some of the reasons our employees love working at Brock!
- - Design solutions for clients, to the level of detail needed to generate a proposal. This includes PLC automation and high level software controls automation.
- - Interact with our clients to understand their requirements in order to estimate and design the solution.
- - Work with our engineering and sales teams to produce winning proposals.
- - Leverage our existing solutions to solve client needs, while understanding the effort needed to modify these solutions.
- - Write simple and concise proposal content to explain the solution.
- - Knowledge of PLCs and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs)
- - Excellent written and oral communication skills
- - Attention to detail is critical for success
- - Proficient using the Microsoft Office suite
- - Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Design, Automation, Industrial Engineering or related field
- - This position requires occasional travel
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.