Apex Granite and Tile Inc. was established by Doug and Robert Bordt in July 1994. Both journeymen tradesman and in the business all their lives. Apex Granite has been providing quality materials and workmanship for over 20 years in B.C.. As a family owned business, Apex is dedicated to continue in the legacy that is now in the third generation and maintaining the highest standard in both quality and customer service.
Apex Granite and Tile Inc. is looking for an Estimator.
Work Location: 18563-97th Avenue, Surrey, BC V4N 3N9
Work Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $37.50 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week
- Interpret plans and construction materials to propose and double-check estimates.
- Identify and resolve deviations from the proposal, including scope and specifications.
- Oversee work progress, complete logs, and update Head Estimator about challenges.
- Audit the identified scopes of work to ensure cost control and efficiency
- Assist Head Estimator to conduct quantity take-offs
- Prepare preliminary estimates to be reviewed by the Head Estimator
- Organize and manage trades calls
- Research, estimating and budget duties as assigned by the Head Estimator·
- Administrative duties, including filing, report generation, project estimating correspondence, meeting minutes, etc.
- Assist in procurement and coordination of sub-trades and suppliers as directed by the project team
- Coordination and follow up with trades as required
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Filing of paperwork into appropriate binders/digitally in server
- Provide project coordination assistance as requested and/or assigned by project team when required
Your Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
As Estimator, you are ready to take an active role in the success of this growing organization and will:
- Successful completion of BCIT Construction Estimating Program or Building Technology program
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in construction estimating and coordination including shop drawing reviews, contract administration, document management, change order procedures
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and other construction related documentation
- Strong understanding of the current construction services environment
- Familiar with construction sub-trade practices and work
- Demonstrated skills and understanding of the role as a facilitator and problem-solver
- Natural ability to multi-task within a fast paced and dynamic workplace
- Results-oriented including concern and attention to budgets, schedules, quality levels and customer satisfaction
- Ability to develop agendas, conduct meetings, prepare minutes and other critical documentation, and develop action plans with appropriate follow-up
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Proficiency in MS Project an asset
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity and professionalism with a good sense of humor
- Positive, can-do attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with outstanding time-management skills
- Forms to be familiar with in this position...
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome qualified candidates contact us by email and submit resumes. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.