ADB SAFEGATE leads the world in smart solutions that help airports handle more aircraft, safely and efficiently, from approach to departure. Our products and services can lift any airports performance from approach, runway and taxiway lighting; to tower-based traffic control systems; to intelligent gate and docking automation.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people with the passion to support our vision and help to change the future of aviation. We are now offering a fascinating position asEstimator(Technical Proposal Specialist)working out of our Burlington, ON office.
The Estimator (Technical Proposal Specialist) is primarily responsibleforpreparing cost estimates for electrical projects and servicesto aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service. May specialize according to particular service performed or type of product manufactured.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Responsible for updating CEM in a timely manner for all activities such as project pipeline, customer contacts, forecasting, bookings, forecasted release date, etc.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
- Visit existing and prospective customers and trade shows
- Support Regional Managers on day to day decision making and strategies
- Maintain current market knowledge of conditions and competitor activities critical to bidding process.
There are no supervisory responsibilitiesfor this position.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology/Technician or related field strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with Transport Canada, ICAO and/or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) airport policies, procedures and products a plus.
- Familiar with the RFP process and required documentation.
- Must be able to multi-task and work on variety of proposals simultaneously
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical information such as blue prints/plan sets and legal documents (contracts). Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of CRM systems; Database software; Internet software; Order Processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Background must include exposure to a variety of technical documentation.
- Must be able to travel to customer locations or tradeshows- travel requirement is approximately 10-15% and may include overnight stays.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job will generally be performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, high voltage and high currents. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that rewards innovation with competitive pay, top benefits and a global network offering opportunity for growth and advancement. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, please apply online.
We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal Canadians.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rfxtn4nhr6ch8vkf