Quest Metal Works, the manufacturing division of Russell Hendrix Foodservice Equipment is looking for an Estimator for its Vancouver operations. The Estimator is responsible for the following:
- Understanding of custom stainless-steel and other sheet metal manufacturing techniques
- Manual drafting and 2D/3D Auto CAD experience
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information on a formal quotation template. Excel experience a must.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results among other tasks as needed.
Who would love this job?
- A collaborator who enjoys working with a team to complete a project from start to finish
- An Excel whiz who also has manual drafting and 2D/3D Auto CAD experience
- Someone who has an understanding / interest for sheet metal fabrication
- A self-starter who doesn't need constant direction to get the job done
- A stickler for detail who thrives on stopping problems before they start
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of cost estimating, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Computer skills including MS Office products AutoCAD.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawing specifications and manuals.
Russell Hendrix is the largest food service equipment distributor in Canada. We are passionate about providing our customers with quality products and superior service. We want our employees to be customer focused and committed to continuous improvement. INGHIGH
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Health & Dental benefits
- Paid sick days
- Fitness subsidy