One (1) Full time Permanent position of “Ethnic Food Cook-Curry/Tandoori (NOC 6322)” available at Punjabi Dhaba located at 2855 Derry Road East, Unit # 3, Mississauga, ON, L4T 1A6.
Main Duties to be completed as per the lead statement of NOC 6322:
- Cook and prepare Indian ethnic foods specializing in Tandoori and Curry specific dishes
- Prepare and cook traditional Indian items using the Tandoor (traditional oven).
- Prepare vegetarian & non-vegetarian items
- Prepare and cook traditional Indian dishes including tandoori chicken, paneer and vegetables.
- Responsible for managing the kitchen operations while on shift
- Maintain inventory of meats, vegetables, spices and dry goods, record food waste, and order supplies from distributors when necessary
- Maintain a safe and clean kitchen and work area
- Help plan seasonal menus, as well as menus for special events and catering
- Help train kitchen staff and helpers
- Schedule and oversee kitchen helpers
- Prepare and cook complete meals
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food
- Organize and Manage food trolleys
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School or equivalent
- 2 years of experience working as an Indian cook
Wage rate: $23.10/hour
Hours: 40 hrs/week