One (1) Full time Permanent position of Ethnic Food Cook-Curry/Tandoori (NOC 6322) available at Punjabi Dhaba located at 2855 Derry Road East, Unit # 3, Mississauga, ON, L4T 1A6.
Main Duties to be completed as per the lead statement of NOC 6322:
- Cook and prepare Indian ethnic foods specializing in Tandoori and Curry specific dishes
- Prepare and cook traditional Indian items using the Tandoor (traditional oven).
- Prepare vegetarian & non-vegetarian items
- Prepare and cook traditional Indian dishes including tandoori chicken, paneer and vegetables.
- Responsible for managing the kitchen operations while on shift
- Maintain inventory of meats, vegetables, spices and dry goods, record food waste, and order supplies from distributors when necessary
- Maintain a safe and clean kitchen and work area
- Help plan seasonal menus, as well as menus for special events and catering
- Help train kitchen staff and helpers
- Schedule and oversee kitchen helpers
- Prepare and cook complete meals
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food
- Organize and Manage food trolleys
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
Minimum One (1) Year of work experience as an Indian Cook.
High School or equivalent.
Wage Rate : $23.10/hour
Hours : 40 Hours/week