Job Title: Event Co-ordinator
Employer: Willowdale High School
Business Address & Location of Work: 160 Eglinton Ave. East 5F, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3B5
Terms of employment: Full-time and Permanent
Wage: $24 per hour based on 35hours per week
Benefits: 10 paid vacation days per year, Group Insurance (Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision Care benefits included)
Skills & Requirements
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or higher education required
Experience: Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience required.
Certification: Not required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Attention to detail, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Fast-paced environment
Administrative and Coordination Skills:
Set up and monitor, or arrange for the setting up and monitoring of multi-media equipment, Implement social programs, food and beverage, transportation, and other services, Co-ordinate set-ups, staging, seating, parking, communication systems and other details for special events, Co-ordinate and monitor conference and meeting activities and attend to related details
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized, Initiative, Flexibility, Cross-cultural experience
Business Equipment and Computer Applications:
MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Number of Participants and Length of Activity:
Up to 10 participants, 10-49 participants, 50-99 participants, 1 day or less, 2-4 days
Planning and Management Skills:
Promote conference and meeting services or special events, Develop marketing and communication plans, Develop media strategies and public relations activities, Determine requirements for hospitality services, signage, multi-media equipment, printing and other technical services, and arrange for and manage contracts for these services, Plan and arrange for accommodation and transportation services, Plan schedules, goals and objectives, Research and design special events programs, Plan for social events and guest programs
Others: Fluency in the Spanish and/or Korean language is a great asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate meeting or seminar with, student homestay hosts and students to promote and increase the qualities of living conditions.
- Arrange schedules with tourism professionals for students on monthly basis to provide indoor and outdoor activities to students.
- Meet with 3rd – party agencies to plan, prepare, and provide needs for events and negotiate the prices to meet the criteria.
- Plan entertaining events for students to promote social interactions with the culture
- Hire, train and supervise the new supporters/volunteers for events planned
- Ensure that the students’ needs are met while studying and enjoying activities
- Create the event schedules for students in advance and advertise them throughout the school to have more participants involved
- Develop marketing and communication plans
- Develop social media strategies
- Research and design various students related events programs
How to Apply
By Email: email@example.com
By Mail: 160 Eglinton Ave. East 5F, Toronto, Ontario M4P 3B5