Do you pride yourself as a detailed and highly organized Executive support who can move with pace and keep calm within as the business demands rise to support a busy and successful Leader?
Join this team where you'll be asked to embrace challenges, move with pace, learn and grow within your career at BMO!
This role performs a variety of administrative support, financial and human resources administration and provides professional support to a Private Banking Leader and at times, their direct reports. The role provides general offices services ensuring all administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed, while seeking to determine, develop, and participate in implementation of improvement opportunities, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group.
· Provides subject matter expertise and advice related to assigned strategic initiatives and act as relationship management for assigned initiatives.
· Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
· Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
· Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
· Leads the planning, coordinating and implementing department events.
· Provides senior level administrative and operational support within a large, diverse team.
· Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports etc.) to manage information.
· Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
· Provides input into the planning and implementation of administrative programs.
· Coordinates and monitors budgets and reporting on results vs. budget.
· Manages and monitors calendars and upcoming events. Dispatches meeting invitations, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation. Supports the coordination and implementation of department events.
· Develops and maintains a filing system; ensures business and operational reports, forms, and other documentation, paper or electronic, are readily available.
· Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications (e.g., correspondence, presentations, policies & procedures).
· Dispatches outgoing communications.
· Processes invoices for payment in adherence with documented processes and guidelines and vendor agreements
· Prepares and logs departmental expense claims and reports. Tracks expenses to ensure they stay within budget.
· Makes travel arrangements, booking flight/hotel reservations as needed.
· Liaises with internal business units and external vendors and participates in the local coordination and implementation of premises and building related matters including incoming / outgoing staff and contractors, relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements while ensuring minimal interruptions to business operations.
· Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
· Maintains and tracks overtime, on-call claims, staff vacations and absences in accordance with Bank and/or divisional guidelines to ensure consistency in entitlement and to determine staff availability.
· Coordinates training requirements for staff (research, booking, cancellations, confirmations, etc.).
· Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
· Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
· Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
· Works mostly independently.
· Provides coaching and mentoring to more junior administrative assistants to support them in developing capability to carry out current job accountabilities.
· Broader projects or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
· Typically 5+ years of relevant experiences in administrative/ professional support functions, demonstrating progressive responsibility and capabilities to adapt and move with pace in large, matrix organizations and completed post-secondary degree in related field of study.
· Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience; direct financial services business exposure is a strong asset
· Acting with discretion and confidence - In-depth.
· Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
· Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
· Organizational, analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth
· Influencing skills - In-depth.
· Confident proficiency using MS Office Suite including working to pull together spreadsheets, numbers and presentations
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.