Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Legal Affairs, Operations
Position type : Salaried
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Senior Director, Legal Affairs, Operations, and assists two Senior Advisors, Legal Affairs, Operations. Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee meeting scheduling and preparations (invitations, room reservations, confirmation of attendance, agenda, documentation and, as needed, meeting minutes);
- Perform general administrative duties for the team: draft, print, scan and file documents; answer mail and telephone calls; email management; organize daily calendars and agendas; translation; filing, billing, prepare; obtain required signatures; prepare timesheets; etc.;
- Plan, organize and coordinate meetings and travel arrangements for the team;
- Provide coordinated support for various matters handled by the team; assist in producing and updating various types of files, presentations, charts and reports as needed;
- Carry out a variety of administrative tasks related to internal management in accordance with established processes (expense reports, tracking validation and coding of invoices, budget monitoring, membership of professional associations or other, etc.);
- Use and encourage the team to use the technological tools (Office 365, SharePoint and other solutions) and databases available at Ivanhoé Cambridge to obtain the information necessary for managing the team’s various initiatives;
- Organize and update filing systems, primarily electronic, according to records management standards and best practices;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested or required as part of the job.
- College diploma (DCS) in secretarial studies or office automation;
- 5 years or more of experience in administrative support;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English with strong business writing skills;
- Solid organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility, a strong work ethic and the ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multitask while remaining detail-oriented;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and provide excellent service;
- Keen sense of discretion;
- A consummate professional with the proven ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information and to communicate with senior managers and executives;
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with JD Edwards;
- Knowledge of Concur and Basware (purchase to pay and e-invoicing software), an asset;
- Up-to-date knowledge of business matters as well as the Company’s policies and procedures.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.