The Executive Assistant reports to a member of the Executive Team. He/she will be responsible for providing daily support to an executive, or team of executives, along with general office administration duties including the preparation of correspondence, reports, briefing notes, statements, and other material. He/she will coordinate travel arrangements, greet clients, schedule meetings, manage calendars, plan events, answer telephones as well as verify, record and process forms/ documents such as contracts and requisitions. The EA will perform general clerical duties according to the established procedures and assist other members of the team as required.
He/she is responsible for executing the processes and procedures of the Project/Division, and supporting the mission, the vision and the strategy of the Corporation as approved by the CEO.
He/she must ensure that he/she works in accordance with the values of the Corporation: integrity, commitment, loyalty, confidentiality, working in an ethical and professional manner, building knowledge and acting in a responsible and equitable manner at all times.
Key Responsibility: Coordination and Planning
- Responsible for managing, planning and scheduling appointments, events, and meetings using Outlook and WebEx as necessary, primarily for the Executive Team.
- Ensures conference rooms are booked and coffee and catering services are provided as needed. In the case of Video Conferences, will ensure that all calls are set-up and operational using tools such as WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc.
- Ensures that all resources required by executive(s) are available and operational
- Coordinates travel arrangements for executive team, and makes amendments as required.
- Supports executive in organizing events, company attendance at technology seminars or similar activities.
- Assists with annual business planning and corporate budget setting process.
- Provides support to members of the Executive Team by conducting research and pulling reports in various business systems including but not limited to Salesforce
Key Responsibility: Communication and Administration
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics. Correspondence is typically complex and requires interpretation.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Assists with translations as requested.
- Supports executive with slide presentations, promotional packages for seminars and meetings.
- Prepares expense reports and related documentation may include sorting, processing and verifying receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents.
- Serves as a resource to members of the Strategic Advisory Council including coordination of meetings, processing of related communications and additional support as required.
- May write general memos and publish regular reports.
- During periods of absence for others within the Executive Assistant pool, the Executive Assistant will be required to support and provide cover as required.
- Responding to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries/ forward to the appropriate person.
- Providing general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company, events, program rules, regulations and procedures.
- Photocopying and collating documents for distribution, mailing and filing.
- Maintaining and preparing reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail for the Executive team, manually or electronically.
- Maintains files and documents in central registry for electronic and paper document file storage and retrieval system.
- Prepares purchase requisitions and tracks requests to ensure the timely delivery of resources
- Additional duties as required
- 6+ years of administrative experience to senior executives, this position requires an organized individual with strong knowledge of administrative procedures normally acquired through formal education in business administration, and proven work experience.
- Minimum of a College Diploma in business administration or a related subject. A combination of education and experience with the proven ability to perform the job tasks may be accepted.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, technical proficiency in the MS Office suite, and strong verbal and written communication skills are a requirement for this position.
- Proficiency in administrative use of a CRM, preferably SalesForce, to pull reports as needed.
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities for senior managers and multi-task with changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Exercises a high degree of independent judgement in all areas.
- Flexible in a variety of ways including the ability to provide support both remotely from a home office environment as well as in the physical ADGA offices as needed.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Federal Government Secret clearance (Level II)