At Santen, we’re innovating therapies to improve the quality of life for patients worldwide. Our single focus in ophthalmology enables us to challenge unmet needs in the field—through passionate research, successful collaboration, and clarity of commitment. With over 130 years of investigative insight, Santen remains committed to the discovery, exploration, and development of ophthalmic therapies. As a global company, Santen is expanding to accommodate new and evolving initiatives in ophthalmic research, regulatory management, production, marketing, or distribution. Our clinical development network spans three continents, with centers in Europe, Japan, and the United States.
We are in search of top talent to help us meet our aggressive and important goals.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support to the Head of Santen Canada and the overall Canadian organization as the organization continues to grow.. The role will also provide Human Resources support including, employee triage, reporting, HR processes and systems, advising internal employees, and providing project support.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization as an integral part of a small team and gain hands-on experience in people operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Admin Support for the Head of Canada and, to some extent, the Santen Canada team – calendar, travel, meetings and expenses
- Perform administrative project work including researching and gathering information from a variety of sources and formatting, analyzing and summarizing results
- Logistics for team event planning, including coordination of beverages/snacks/meals for meetings as needed and associated calendaring
- Budget Management, including coordination of POs and invoice
- Coordination of contracting process and execution (for aspects parts of the business)
- Internal electronic file management
- Canadian SOP management in partnership with legal and compliance
- Voicemail management and actioning
- Coordination of training schedules and maintenance of training programs for Canadian employees (and for external vendors as needed)
- HCP FMV coordination, speaker bureau tracking and contract management, including coordination of POs and invoices
- Support for sales incentive compensation planning and administration
- Overall office management, including liaise with property manager, supply management
- Grants and donations requests management
- Logistical planning for national and regional conferences and attendance as needed
- Logical planning for national and regional sales meetings and attendance as needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Maintenance of HR records and required legal workplace postings to ensure compliance with relevant employment laws
- Generate and maintain key periodic HR reports and provide HRIS support (Success Factors, ADP, etc.) as needed
- HR Process Support and Related Communications – includes data entry, running reports, sending announcements and reminders
- Maintenance of employee portal on eDMS (electronic document management system) for the Canadian organization
- Review and improve processes as needed for streamlining, effectiveness, and value add to internal clients.
- Required: minimum 4+ years experience in an executive assistant or project coordinator position, with increasing responsibility and proven ability to provide administrative support for more than one function.
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience working in HR a plus
- Must be able to work with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Ability to work with employees, candidates, and vendors, and visitors from diverse cultures, communicate effectively, and provide support as necessary.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Judgment and tact in handling sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to be flexible and focused despite distractions and changing priorities;
- Strong ability to prioritize, coordinate, and handle multiple duties.
- Strong skill level with Microsoft Office suite of software, with special emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; including strong experience with Microsoft Outlook and calendaring for multiple team members.
- Experience and/or comfort with using new technology and mobile apps.
- Ability to organize documents, files, and folders in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as verbal and written skills.
- Experience working with and building relationships with high-level executives, as well as significant interaction with outside vendors, customers and external business partners.
- Excellent grammatical skills and writing skills.
- Excellent telephone and office etiquette and demeanor.
- French is an asset.
For more information about our company and the work experience, please visit www.santenusa.com