Hiring an Executive Assistant - Toronto - 6 Months - $28.00 - $35.00 Per Hour
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a Community Organization. This will be a 6 month contract. This candidate will be working out of their Toronto office. (Davenport Rd and Yonge St)
Your new role
- Perform a wide range of executive administrative and support related tasks to efficiently and effectively maintain workflow, communications, administration and operations of the office of the President & CEO.
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders, including tenants and the general public, the executive leadership team, senior managers, Board of Directors, the Mayor's office, City councillors, other elected officials/government representatives, Deputy & City Managers' offices, and other community and stakeholder representatives, as required, on behalf of the President & CEO.
- Handle high volumes of correspondence and inquiries in a timely manner, responding to questions and concerns, and undertaking comprehensive follow up to ensure inquiries and matters are appropriately addressed.
- Triage matters and diffuse situations and escalations, as required based on the nature of the concerns raised. Ensure follow up actions are taken from open to close, and keep the President & CEO briefed accordingly.
- Respond to correspondence, research information, perform follow up and gather information related to matters handled by the CEO's office, at times including sensitive and highly confidential matters with strict deadlines.
- Compose correspondence, collect and analyse confidential information and prepare various documents (presentations, reports, charts, agendas, letters, etc.).
- Screen, monitor, analyse, summarize and make decisions on appropriate course of action with respect to telephone calls, voice messages, e-mails and other correspondence received by the President & CEO's office, and refer to appropriate parties for actioning/resolution, as appropriate. Keep the President & CEO informed on requests and course of actions taken in addressing and resolving the matters from open to close.
- Perform extensive scheduling and calendar management including comprehensive agenda planning, scheduling of preparatory briefings, generating and coordinating receipt of materials for meetings, and follow up as necessary.
- Manage day-to-day office activities, including opening, sorting and date-stamping mail and faxes, and distributing internal and external outgoing mail.
- Coordinate, maintain and update WTES (payroll) for CEO's direct reports including preparing and maintaining vacation schedules.
- Maintain office equipment and replenish supplies, business cards, etc.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of meeting rooms
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ year experience preferred working as an executive assistant or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong time management skills.
- Strong, proficient computer skills: Windows (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access, MS Visio, Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro).
- Keyboarding skills at 50-80 wpm.
What you'll get in return
This position is offering $28.00 - $35.00 per hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.