Executive Assistant, Toronto, 6 month to permanent opportunity
Your new company
Our client, a global financial institution, is seeking an Executive Assistant to join their team in Toronto (the position is remote for the time being) for a 6 month contract with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
Your new role
The successful candidate will provide administrative support for the Head of Global Banking & Markets Technology for Canada and their leadership team of approximately 15. This candidate will also be a key part of the team's operations, supporting the team's growth and day-to-day needs, seeking opportunities to streamline the way the leadership and their teams achieve administrative tasks. This person will also monitor routine correspondence and respond to inquiries on behalf of officer; receive and screen telephone calls and visitors - perfect host for guests, taking appropriate action using initiative and judgement. You will also be the face of the team for internal and external communications, lead complex scheduling matters and prepare key periodic department updates and performance reports. You will also produce reports, forms, schedules, etc., utilizing various software packages or collaboration platforms and arrange travel and accommodations as necessary. You will also be responsible for submitting and overseeing all onboarding/off-boarding of staff, including coordinating technology supply/reclaim and completing purchase orders.
What you'll need to succeed
- The successful candidate will require a minimum of 5 years of proven administration support, and/or executive assistance experience
- Proven Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Specifically with Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with Procurement for the onboarding equipment
- Experience working and supporting the onboarding arm of an organization, in addition to admin/EA based tasks
- Proven ability to build relationships within all levels of an organizations (With a strength in executive relationships)
- Strong business acumen in terms of proactive follow-ups, someone who's persistent in getting answers
- Minimum of diploma in business, related field or equivalent experience to demonstrate background
- Strong Communication Skills (Written/Oral)
- Time Management
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Intellectually Curious
- Good Diplomatic Skills
- Positive Attitude/Outlook
- Business Acumen, ability to have straight forward conversation with Executives
- Works well under pressure/fast paced environment
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.