What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 225 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
- Responsibly manage and supervise all Culinary Service staff including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and corrective action consistent with company policy.
- Meet regularly with residents and family members to confirm that high satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Work with the wait staff to ensure that they have a clear understanding of how to provide high levels of customer service.
- Confirm that the front of house and back of house staff work closely together to deliver a food product that exceeds the residents' and/or guets' expectation.
- Assist Kitchen and Restaurant staff with back and front of the house operations as needed. This includes the ability to work all stations in the kitchen ans/or dining room if needed.
- Work with the Executive Director and front line staff to obtain and maintatin department customer satisfaction and department of health survey levels at or above designated scores.
- Delegate tasks to all staff so that the kitchen and restaurant areas are maintained at the highest levels of cleanliness and quality at all times.
- Ensure that all food is prepared, stored, and servec according to Serve Safe Standards and with provincial and/or local health code requirements.
- Maintain employee satisfaction scores at or above designated scores.
- Interview and hire staff for the Culinary Services department.
- Conduct and participate in monthly department meetings/in-services.
- Understand and maintain monthly and annual budgets for the Culinary Services department, including producing written documentation of monthly spend on food, supplies, and labor.
- Work with the staff and residents in the planning and development of recipes and menus based on resident likes and dislikes and monthly budgets.
- Ensure that all staff uses and maintains equipment properly to avoid damage and costly repairs.
- Maintain the appropriate inventory of kitchen supplies, small wares and table ware.
- Responsible for ensureing that purchasing standards are maintained and that appropriate vendors are used at all times. Maintain strong and positive relationships with all vendors.
- Assist in planning, preparation, and execution of Engage Life events, special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Work closely with the Community Sales Lead and community staff to market the community.
- Ensure that the kitchen and restaurant staff understands Company expectations and first impression requirements.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing, with residents, staff, and vendors.
- Five or more years Culinary Experience in the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising staff and working in a team setting.
- Serve Safe Certification.
- Strong organization, detail orientation, and time management skills.
- Basic Computer skills - Microsoft word, Outlook, and Excel
- Able to build positive and strong relationships with employees, coworkers and residents.
- Able to work in a demanding environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Accept direction from superiors or other experienced staff.
- Share job knowledge or resident information with others as needed.
- Give and welcome feedback.
- Able to resolve problems of dissatisfied customers and/or employees.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Focused and dedicated to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to delegate and hold staff accountable efficiently and respectfully.
- Must demonstrate high standards of ethics and personal accountability.