Carmen's Group is looking for an Executive Chef to join our fig&lemon catering team in an exciting new role!
We are seeking somebody who is creative, personable and professional. The main focus of this role will be executing the catered events hosted with fig&lemon. You will also be crossed trained in a supporting chef role across all of our venues to provide assistance while the fig&lemon events ramp up.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is creative with a strong knowledge of industry trends
- Demonstrates both technical, organizational and leadership qualities
- Is innovative, detail oriented and quality conscious
- Has experience catering to large groups of people, and working in “offsite” kitchens
- Is goal & service oriented
- Develop exciting seasonal menus to reflect customer feedback, fresh seasonal ingredients, and industry trends
- Provide catering and onsite support for each large private functions
- Monitor & maintain food costs
- Assist with the management of the day to day operations ensuring quality, standards and guest expectations
- Involved with the purchasing and receiving procedures for products and supplies to ensure proper quantity, quality and price for all purchase
- Adhere to proper health & safety regulations
- Support the team & foster a sense of teamwork & cooperation
- Make a difference in the lives of each and every one of our guests and clients through directly contributing to the creation of everlasting memories
- Exercise good judgement and demonstrate leadership abilities to inspire the actions of your fellow coworkers and drive positive change in the organizatio
- Promote and live the purpose, vision and values of the Carmen’s Group both internally and externally.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards, including Safe Food Handlers Certificate
- Minimum of two to five years of experience in an Executive Chef role
- Experience working in “off site” kitchens and catering private events an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Culinary trade papers or Red Seal considered as asset
- Completion of a college program in culinary arts is considered an asset
- Ability to travel frequently
What Can We Offer?
- Competitive wage package
- Flexible work schedule
- Group RRSP
- Hotel discounts
- Staff recognition
- Wellbeing program
- Participation in staff events
- Opportunities for growth and a chance to play a role in our vision to continue being innovators and industry champions within the Hamilton hospitality community
Who is fig&lemon?
We like to think of fig&lemon as the younger sister brand to the Carmen’s Group collection. Our distinctive elevated dining experience has allowed us the great pleasure of working with many of Ontario’s most sought-after venues including rustic barns, wineries, breweries, orchards and many private residences; regardless of your vision, it is our job to bring it to life at every bite. But with fig&lemon you get so much more than just great food and service, you get a history and legacy of seasoned team members who know what it takes to turn an ordinary moment into an extraordinary memory.
As one of Hamilton’s most premium off-site catering companies, we take pride in our attention to detail, our approach to customer excellence and satisfaction and our commitment to a culinary experience that is beautiful, memorable, and fresh.
Carmen’s Group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 40 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s, the Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s and Fig & Lemon. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.