Established in 2001, Vancouver Acutherapy and Multicare Ltd. d.b.a. Vancouver Acutherapy Centre (VAC) is a health treatment centre through traditional Chinese medicine and therapy. Serving the communities for over 19 years, VAC has delivered well beings and new livings to Vancouverites through our special and unique treatment such as cocktail treatment, electrical spark treatment, special acupuncture for weight losing, warm needle acupuncture, meridian massage, etc.
VAC has reopened with more care following the rules after the pandemic. We currently have two treatment centers, the Acupuncture & Acupressure Centre serving your treatment needs and the Medical Spa Centre serving all the needs for your well being. We are looking for an Executive Director in health care who would plan, organize, direct, and control the operations of VAC. This is a senior position requiring at least 30 hours per week. Preferred candidates would have the relevant education, skills, and be experienced in the treatment and managing a health care clinic or organization, especially with a vision during the post epidemic era.
- Work in collaboration with the founder Mr. Sun and the presidentin managing and establishing goals and objectives of VAC;
- Formulate policies and establish directions of VAC, develop a plan on the management and operation of VAC during the post epidemic era;
- Establish new and effective administrative and operational controls and procedures within the limits of VAC;
- Manage the overall daily operation of VAC, provide directions to middle management and staff;
- Establish the overall personnel planning for the development of VAC, be responsible for hiring and training, establish standards for the hiring of staff and certified therapists;
- Allocate medical materials and other resources according to VAC policies, and implement these policies and programs;
- Link VAC with the hospitals, medical clinics, and other professional health organizations with other provinces, China, or other countries, constantly improve the awareness, competitive advantage, and brand power of VAC among the industry in the Vancouver area;
- Be responsible for the overall profitability of VAC, report directly to the president;
- Participate in promotional and marketing campaign in collaboration with the marketing team, formulate strategies segmenting different groups and target market;
- Represent VAC in attending public events and marketing campaign, make decisions on behalf of VAC;
- Be familiar and keep up to date with the regulations and policies of the industry;
- Be knowledgeable and capable of acupuncture, acupressure therapy, massage therapy, and other treatment plans for the well being of our patients;
- Liaison all health professional of VAC in diagnosing and discussion of treatment plans;
- Acquire specialized treatment methods of VAC, formulate new treatment methodology and apply to patients under the supervision of Mr. Sun;
- Develop programs and treatment plans for patients, and get approval from the Sun;
- A university degree in the Chinese medicine field.
- Several years of practical experience in Chinese medicine treatment
- A thorough understanding of Chinese medicine and spa treatment
- Experience in managing a medical clinic or other health organizations
- Experience in the business development of clinical organizations
- Basic English proficiency, able to communicate effectively with the patient
- Training and certifications are preferred, no registration required.
- Required to work full-time for a minimum of 30 hours per week, weekend shift required
This position is a senior position and will be compensated for an annual salary of $78,000 annually for 30 hours per week. Preferred candidates send CV to the email below. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries, please.