|Job Title:||Executive Director, Primary Care & Chronic Disease Management|
|Work Site:||Admin 601 W. Broadway|
|Status:||Regular Full Time - Baseline (1.00 FTE)|
Reporting to the Senior Executive Team Sponsor, the Executive Director is responsible and accountable for the strategic planning and operational management of a major Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH and Providence Health Care (PHC) Clinical Programs/Services that span the health authorities and partner organizations. The Executive Director works in close collaboration with Physician leadership and other senior leadership to identify applicable service delivery models and processes to ensure system is integrated and patient care focused to support healthy lives in healthy communities with partners through care, education and research. She/he leads, directs, mentors and supports the respective Operational/Clinical Directors in relation to the planning, implementation and evaluation of these programs and services, and promotes the integration of the acute and community sectors and to ensure they are supportive of optimizing patient flow. The Executive Director supports the implementation and evaluation of VCH strategic and regional strategies for the area. She/he builds strong working relationships with local, regional and provincial leaders and represents the organization’s interests within these forums. Key contacts include the Senior Leadership Team, VCH/PHC Directors/Managers, Medical Directors, Finance, Professional Practice representatives, and senior leadership at partner organizations.
Masters degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or related Masters Degree, with more than 10 years’ recent, related experience in a senior management/leadership position within a large, academic health care setting, responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of complex service delivery systems. Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable. Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
• Fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
• Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure match with strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness.
• Applies superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effectively to lead and implement change and/or resolve issues/disputes.
• Applies knowledge of current developments and trends in health care best practices, project management, performance management, physician relations, quality improvement and related technology.
• Applies superior judgment to communicate sensitive information in a compelling manner with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Anticipates future changes in service delivery and develops transition strategies that optimize resource utilization and ultimately improve efficiency and quality of patient care.
• Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned programs/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
• Drives development, implementation and evaluation of initiatives that support new or expanded programs/services within a multi-site environment following a team-based approach.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• You question actions inconsistent with our values.
• You treat people with fairness and respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
• You hire great people and expect great things from them.
• You inspire others with your thirst for excellence.
• You create an environment where people can flourish and grow.
• You seek what is best for the health system, rather than the best for yourself or your group.
Courage to Innovate:
• You challenge the status quo to improve quality and sustainability.
• You take smart risks and make tough decisions without agonizing.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.