Executive Director – Non-Profit
Discover an immersive historical experience and one of British Columbia’s top tourist attractions — located in the Sea2Sky Corridor region and offers visitors plenty of things to see and do –
We are looking for a leader of people, a manager of complex processes, a strategic thinker with a long-term perspective, and someone that understands the importance of a “roll up your sleeves/nothing is too small mentality”. As Executive Director, you will be values driven, collaborative, liaise and implement innovation and change, and you are results and accomplishment-oriented.
With the support of the industry community and the federal and provincial governments, this recognized Society in British Columbia offers decades of history. This property recently completed a $15mm revitalization project and is an award-winning, internationally-recognized, education and tourist destination.
As a premier, nonprofit organization, the facilities provide visitors with a blend of experience, serving as a tourist destination, an adventure attraction, and an education venue.
The people who manage and work at the property are passionate ambassadors about their mission and create an education-based experience for each guest that allows for the discovery of our history, local arts, and culture. The Board of Directors are eminent industry and business individuals who offer leadership and valuable insight to the NPO sector and management.
Key Attributes we are seeing for the Executive Director:
- You bring a successful track record of providing strategic leadership that has resulted in the achievement of corporate goals and objectives as a CEO, Executive Director, or GM of a business unit or other senior corporate leadership opportunity where skills are transferable.
- Ideally, this experience would have been gained in an organization serving a high-profile Non-Profit, public entity, or corporate environment involving multiple lines of activity in fund raising, marketing, organizational administration, and leadership of organizations.
- Understands the nature of strategic leadership required to develop and lead an organization in a manner that achieves its goals and objectives.
- Understands what it takes to achieve operational and business success in a not for profit sector, within the organization and as well as internal/external stakeholders and governments.
- Strong financial and marketing acumen; able to understand business drivers of a large, complex organization.
- Understanding issues related to business risk and risk-based activities would be an asset.
- Previous experience with business creativity and innovation in order to maximize guest/user experience and revenue opportunities.
- Previous experience with preparation of grants, presentations, and required reporting.
- Exceptional leadership skills; able to lead a complex enterprise to achieve its vision, goals and objectives.
- Visionary and opportunistic
- Strategic thinker; thinks in broad future terms; sees the big picture in which an organization functions; understands the drivers of a business; places issues and initiatives in the context of the external environment and organizational context and dynamic. Able to identify the strategies that will result in continued growth and development for a company.
- A consummate relationship builder who will be positive, engaging, approachable, diplomatic, open and transparent and will thrive on meaningful interaction with others.
- Able to establish and maintain a highly productive working relationship with the Board Chair and other Board members.
- A highly effective communicator who is confident in one’s own judgment, ability or strength; able to act decisively. Comfortable making tough decisions. Able to lead an organization through evolving and challenging times.
- Able to cope with ambiguity; able to set priorities and juggle multiple tasks; able to work in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment with little administrative support.
- Financially and technically strong and is comfortable with reading and assessing P&L statements
- Experienced with managing a range of external relationships including; funders, financial stakeholders, government, NGO’s, corporations, and other key stakeholder and partners
- Completed University Degree is an asset
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and total remuneration expectations to:
Discover what we have to offer...
President & Director
ELEVATE Search Group
People. Solutions. Culture. Results.
Elevate Search Group collaborates and partners with companies to identify, recruit, and retain top-tiered professionals within all levels of leadership and non-leadership careers within business development, sales, marketing, operations, human resource, and supply chain management. Our client profiles range from local, regional, national, and global organizations.
We thank all applicants who are interested in our current posting for an Executive Director, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are representing an equal opportunity employer who supports equality and provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.