Executive Office Manager
EmpowerPharm isan early stage specialty pharmaceutical company, seeking to recruit an Executive Office Manager who shares a passion for performance, professionalism and who values employment in a challenging environment to join our team. This position will report to the C-Suite executives: the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) while managing the needs of the office and taking a proactive role in HR ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- To become a pharmaceutical leader in both cannabidiol-based and non cannabidiol-based drugs in prescription and OTC forms as well as natural health products that empower lives and enable people to make better, more informed personal health decisions. EmpowerPharm will not be a grower of cannabis and will not contribute to the recreational cannabis market.
- Our products will be manufactured under cGMP to the most exacting Health Canada quality standards. They’re fuelled by our extensive collective experience and innovate approach focusing on the unmet needs of patients and consumers and will redefine how drug and natural health product treatments are delivered in Canada.
- Our research and commitment to knowledge sharing will empower people to more fully understand the truly life changing potential of CBD-based drugs on a wide range of therapies. The EmpowerPharm Foundation will ensure that our research and development has a social cause and purpose by helping those most in need, such as helping the reduction of the opioid crisis.
- Our vision is to empower healthier lives by elevating the quality and choices of available pharmaceuticals and natural health products that make a significant positive impact on patients and consumers seeking new and transformative methods to better manage personal health.
- To advance the understanding of CBD use, empowering consumers, regulators, physicians and the insurance industry to seek out and adopt new clinically tested and proven therapies for treating some of society’s most challenging health care issues.
- We believe in empowerment.
- We believethat patients and consumers alike should be empowered to seek the best possible care and do so with knowledge and access to today’s most innovative drug and non-drug therapies.
- We believepeople triumph when they are empowered with accurate information and can choose a course of treatment that delivers the greatest possible health impact.
- We believethat a empowered individual with input into their prescription and non-prescription needs develops into a society empowered to change the practice and delivery of medicine.
- We believeindividuals and communities become empowered because we, EmpowerPharm, are committed to delivering innovative pharmaceutical and natural health products through responsible, evidenced-based discovery and development.
- We believe:
- Our mandate is innovation.
- Our method is transparency.
- Our commitment is to your health potential.
- We won’t change your world. You will.
Administrative Office Management work:
- Executive support for the C-Suite team (COO, CSO and CFO)
- Hub of most office communications: primary contact at reception and phone calls, office mail distribution, conference rooms meeting schedules, greeting guests & serving refreshments
- Prepare executive responses to memos, documents, letters and correspondence
- Verify receipts, maintain and manage inventory of office supplies, shopping and errands
- Assist accounting in cheque mailing, courier, pick up, and deposits
- Make travel arrangements, book flights, cars, hotels etc
- Work with IT on routine back-up and maintenance of printers, phones, mobile devices etc.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to other team members when appropriate
- Assist in the communication and preparation of business events, company holiday parties etc.
- Provide clerical and general office support
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Supervise management of the office property in all respects
- Arrange for required repairs and maintenance of the property
- Retain annual maintenance contracts where requirements with various service providers such as office security and office maintenance cleaning personnel for the upkeep of internal and external needs
- Create and post job ads and organize resumes and job applications
- Participate in recruitment efforts: assist with resume submissions for candidate selection, communication with candidates via email, telephone, arrange first stage interviews, involved in communicating with sit-ins on first stage process, conduct reference checks, working closely with for the C-Suite team (COO, CSO and CFO) on entire process
- Assist with creation of Employment Agreements
- Orienting new employees with preparation of personal office space
- Support to set up and train new employees on computer, e-mail, phone systems
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring training and managing employees to meet EmpowerPharm’s expectations for productivity, quality and goal accomplishment
- Update HR Manual as required
- Overseeing administrative policies within the office; recommending changes as appropriate and in accordance with EmpowerPharm’s policies and procedures
- Maintain HR files, collect employment and other essential information
- Prepare new employee files and update and maintain employment status
- Coordinate and maintain compensation and benefit enrollments process and documentation
- Maintain records related to performance reviews, etc.
- Prepare payroll
- Assist in completion of termination procedures and paperwork
- At least 5 to 10 years of work experience as an Executive Assistant/Office Manager
- A college or university education is preferred
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and time management
- Very strong interpersonal skills such as understanding of PR etiquette; is courteous, friendly and tactful and the ability to build relationships with internal and external people
- Expert level of written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, cloud-based file sharing software (Box.com) preferred
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with effective decision-making capability
- Maturity and high level of professionalism
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective while working independently
- Proven ability to handle sensitive documents and confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to various competing demands, while demonstrating the highest level of service and response
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Compensation for the role will range between CAD $50,000 to $60,000 annually plus bonus and benefits. Exact compensation will be determined by experience, education, and other skills. Candidates interested in this challenging opportunity should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.comAny communication sent directly to EmpowerPharm employees will result in immediate disqualification. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Target Start Date: Monday, January 7th, 2019
plus bonus and benefits