Caribex Seafoods Ltd. is an importer of high-quality seafood, located at 1090 Don Mills Road in Toronto.
The Executive Vice-President is responsible for developing and implementing the strategic direction of the business and for delivering on objectives agreed upon with the Board of Directors and the shareholders. The Executive Vice-President will lead the existing team of 4 employees in achieving these goals. He/she will be a respected leader who can create trust relationships with the shareholders, customers, suppliers and employees. Based at the Canadian Head Office in Toronto, travel to customer locations in Canada, and to the Caribbean for shareholder meetings is a requirement of this role. This is a permanent, full-time position.
The candidate should have an MBA or BComm. At least 8 years' experience in a senior management position is required, with 5 years direct experience in the seafood industry. We are looking for ability to develop, articulate and implement a vision for the future direction of the company as well as demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to inspire, create team spirit, delegate and mentor staff. English language fluency is required for this position and working knowledge of Spanish is an asset. Ability to work autonomously to achieve results while reporting to a Board of Directors is essential.
- Help Sales team to identify, pursue and secure new customers.
- Work with the Sales team to retain and maintain existing customers.
- Set up complex service contracts and incentive programs.
- Work with overseas head office to develop a consistent, reliable supply pipeline of seafood products.
- Ensure quality of imported product.
- Interact with Canada Customs and other Government agencies to make sure guidelines are being followed.
- Oversee warehouse operations.
- Manage Finance and IT personnel.
- Manage Sales personnel.
- Maintain safe working practices.
- Responsible for profit & loss, budgets, business plans, business process engineering.
- Ensure smooth cooperation and interaction between diverse cultural elements of the Company: Canadian operations and Cuban head office and suppliers.