As an award-winning business, The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre is currently seeking a Food & Beverage JR. Server to join our team.
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
With a 17-year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits enjoyed by our Full-Time employees.
- Full access Winter/Summer Season Lift, Trail and Golf passes
- Dining discounts within our Hotel outlets
- Free access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program provided through Homewood Health
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
The F&B JR. Server is the key support to the Food & Beverage operational team, providing guests with the finest mountain resort experience within our dining outlets. This role is the stepping stone into a career within the Food & Beverage services industry and will provide a strong foundational training to the successful candidates’ overall professional experience; opening up opportunities of advancement internally and externally throughout the Tourism / Hospitality industry.
- Greets guests on arrival, answers phones, takes food orders for in-room dining and oversees restaurant reservations, ensuring a smooth flow for the dining experience
- Identifies throughout the guest’s dining experience the timely need for seating / interactions / clearing of service
- Performs exceptional service delivery of all Food & Beverage services
- Delivers the key service standards for the hotel, demonstrating warmth in hospitality
- Assists with the entire F&B Department operations as business volumes may dictate, including Banquets, Mantles Restaurant & Lounge and Morrisey’s Public House
- Ensures operational Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Acts as an ambassador for the destination, sharing knowledge of the wider Thompson-Nicola region
- While infrequent, capable of assisting in emergency situations, making prompt decisions in the best interest of the guest and hotel
- 0-2 years serving experience, or related food and beverage experience
- Serving it Right Certification (if applicable)
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedicated to working within a dynamic team that focuses on collaboration and guest experience, coupled with initiative when working independently
- Ability to clearly communicate for team success in any ongoing guest service aspects
- Must be available to work various shifts, including availability on weekends