As an award-winning business, The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre is currently seeking a F&B Server to join our team.
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
With a 17-year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits enjoyed by our Full-Time employees.
- Full access Winter/Summer Season Lift, Trail and Golf passes
- Dining discounts within our Hotel outlets
- Free access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program provided through Homewood Health
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
The F&B Server owns the food service experience within our outlets and strives to exceed the needs and expectations of our guests. This role will provide a strong training component to the successful candidates’ overall professional experience; opening up opportunities of advancement internally and externally throughout the Tourism / Hospitality industry.
- Owns the drink and food service for patrons of our food and beverage outlets
- Performs exceptional service delivery of all Food & Beverage services from the point of guest seating to dining experience completion
- Identifies throughout the guest’s dining experience the timely need for ordering / replenishment of food & beverage and providing the bill
- Delivers the key service standards for the hotel, demonstrating warmth in hospitality
- Delivers the hotels standard of service training manual in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Assists with the entire F&B Department operations as business volumes may dictate, including Banquets, Mantles Restaurant & Lounge and Morrisey’s Public House
- Ensures operational Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Acts as an ambassador for the destination, sharing knowledge of the wider Thompson-Nicola region
- While infrequent, capable of assisting in emergency situations, making prompt decisions in the best interest of the guest and hotel
- 2-3 Years Serving Experience
- Serving it Right Certification
- Micros POS System experience
- Excellent food and wine knowledge
- Ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Dedicated to working within a dynamic team that focuses on collaboration and guest experience
- Excellence in communication to allow a clear line of action for team success in any ongoing guest service aspects
- Must be available to work various shifts, including availability on weekends