The Facilities Manager reports to the Regional Director and plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the maintenance and suite turnovers of a portfolio of residential buildings. The individual will have extensive knowledge and expertise in all matters relating to pest control and mold, and asbestos remediation is a key responsibility of this position, along with ensuring renovation standardization and involvement in Northview’s Maintenance Warranty Program.
- Provide training, overall guidance & supervision to the maintenance supervisor, maintenance & cleaning teams,
- Work with the health and safety manager to ensure safe and reliable operation of Northview’s facilities
- Oversees contractors for facility renovation projects including asbestos abatement and mould remediation projects
- Assist in the maintenance and renovation of facilities if required
- Trouble shoot and manage emergencies outside of regular office hours
- Prepare reports on down units and the maintenance warranty program
- Be residential operations subject matter expert on pest control, mould and asbestos abatement and mediation, providing advice and guidance as necessary
- Oversee the scheduling and assignments of the travelling renovation crew
- Assist in developing and implementing maintenance and cleaning policies (including the 48-hour warranty program) and procedures, and ensuring continual compliance within the maintenance & cleaning teams
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs, manuals and videos
- Working with each region, ensure maintenance, caretaking and other projects are on track for timely completion, minimizing the deferral of projects
- Performing inspections of facilities when requested
- Through collaboration with other managers, share best practices related to the operation and maintenance of facilities
- Assist in the creation and implementation of policies and procedures around renovation standardization and the handling of asbestos, mold and pest control issues
- Prepare and submit reports as require
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able and willing to travel
- Able to work independently and is a self-starter
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in positions of increasing responsibility in facilities management, project management, property management or related fields, preferably in large, multi-family complexes.
- Working knowledge of work order management systems, with a demonstrated capacity to work with a variety of software platforms to manage operational needs.
- A strategic and operational thinker with a proven track record of accomplishments, outstanding analytical skills, decision making, and team building skills.
- Strong leadership and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications (specifically excel) is required
- Must be able to analyze data, including financial and technical, from a variety of sources
- Hands on experience in building maintenance and or renovations
- Knowledgeable or willing to be trained in asbestos, mold and pest control