We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations.
We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
As a Facility Custodian (“FC”) Team Member you will help to create an unforgettable experience that exceeds the expectations of our guests by ensuring a consistently clean and well maintained facility. Facility Custodians will also be an effective ambassador for not only FlyOver Canada, but for Canada Place and the Vancouver Tourism industry as well. Facility Custodians should take pride in maintaining a clean, welcoming environment while keeping an eye out for safety. FlyOver Canada team members should always strive to represent the team in a positive manner with a guest first attitude.
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform routine cleaning tasks in guest and team areas based on a schedule created by the Facility Supervisor
- Ensure cleaning checklists and maintenance logs are maintained and up to date
- Maintain garbage collection areas and help facilitate an effective recycling program
- Notify Facilities Supervisor or Guest Experience Supervisor on duty of any safety hazards or concerns, keep emergency exits and hallways clear of debris
- Preform minor painting and plumbing duties
- Keep the iRide areas clean and respond to maintenance incidents as they arise
- Ensure supply stock is adequate and well organized
- Assist other departments with retrieving supplies and daily set up and closing duties
- Assist with preventative maintenance of the facility
- Assist with evacuation procedures in the event of an emergency
- Receive and transport deliveries both on and offsite
- Answer guest questions regarding FlyOver Canada, Canada Place and Vancouver
- Stay up to date on current and upcoming events at FlyOver Canada and Canada Place
This list describes a lot of what a “FC” does, but no job description can anticipate every single issue or project that could come up. Pursuit and FlyOver Canada might need to reduce, add or change job tasks from time to time.
- Demonstrate exceptional guest service and problem solving skills
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Internally motivated with a consistently high level of energy
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks needing attention
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, while possessing flexibility towards different tasks
- Confidence to safely use common hand tools such as hammers, drills, wrenches and screwdrivers
- Experience in a custodial or light maintenance role an asset
- Tourism or hospitality industry experience an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and guest service skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Comfortable working on your feet for extended periods of time in both an indoor and outdoor environment
- Ability to lift loads of up to 50 pounds as necessary
- First Aid certification is an asset
- WHMIS certification an asset
To handle this job successfully, any person hired has to be able to perform each task well. FOC will make any reasonable accommodation possible to help a person with disabilities to perform their job. This job is based in Vancouver, BC with Pursuit’s FlyOver Canada team.
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by email.
Part-Time (25-30 hours), Seasonal
Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.