Title: Facility Operator
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Represented (Teamsters Local 879)
Location: Hamilton, ON
Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of essential environmental and industrial services for industrial, commercial and institutional customers, including those in the manufacturing, mining, municipal, oil and gas, pulp and paper, refining and petrochemical, transportation, and utilities sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ approximately 2,000 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations across Canada.
At Terrapure, we’re Changing Waste for Good. We see both economy and environment as invaluable, understanding one cannot be prioritized at the expense of the other. With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, we provide services that reduce the volume of waste requiring disposal, recover value from industrial by-products, and restore industrial operations to peak efficiency. We provide these services through an extensive coast-to-coast facility network and through field services deployed on customer sites.
For more information, visit www.terrapureenv.com
We are a proudly Canadian company in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing industry. With the tremendous opportunity to “change the way the world thinks about waste”, we need talented individuals like you to match the breadth of our mission. Come with your sleeves rolled up and get ready to grow!
At Terrapure, we are guided by our core values of Safety, Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Environmental Stewardship and Doing More. We are committed to fostering a positive, progressive, and diverse corporate culture. We support our employees and the communities where we live and work through activities and investment that align with what we do and what we believe in. By joining Terrapure, you can make a difference with your career, your community and our planet.
Terrapure offers competitive compensation, an attractive benefits plan, an excellent work-life balance and family-friendly perks! If you’re ready for a challenge and want to help us work towards strengthening our position as one of Canada’s leading environmental companies, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing daily operations at our Lottridge Street and/or Hillyard Street locations. We are currently hiring for Day Shift
- Bulk and consolidate household hazardous waste (i.e. paint, stain, solvents, cleaners and aerosols) manually or by machine
- Perform physical labour by lifting containers up to 20L in size
- Complete production reports and paperwork
- Participate in company supplied training
- Work independently or as part of a team to achieve daily production goals
- Work safely at all times
- Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma
- Forklift License is an asset
- Previous experience handling chemicals is an asset
- Previous experience in an industrial setting is an asset
- Must be able to read and identify labels on containers of waste to determine hazard characteristics
- Must be able to write in a clear and legible manner
- Must have access to reliable transportation to get to and from work on a daily basis. The facility is located on a bus route
- Must possess good verbal communication skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and walking
- You may be required to work outside The environmental conditions may be hot, cold, dirty, dusty, wet or noisy
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment which may include hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, flame retardant clothing and safety shoes
- The facility runs 24/7
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required drug and alcohol testing.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under Careers at www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.