Title: Facility Operator
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Victoria, BC
We are a leading, vertically integrated provider of essential environmental and industrial services in Canada for industrial, commercial and institutional end markets, including the manufacturing, mining, construction, refining and petrochemical, waste management and remediation, institutional, transportation, pulp and paper, utilities and oil and gas sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ over 2,100 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations, coast to coast.
We are uniquely suited to address both the simple and complex environmental service needs of a sophisticated customer base through our highly specialized network of facilities, broad portfolio of service capabilities, deep understanding of the waste volumes we manage, and robust health and safety and regulatory compliance programs. Our comprehensive portfolio of services, including onsite and field services and collection, processing, recovery and disposal, allows us to manage the lifecycle of waste streams from point of generation through ultimate resolution, with an orientation towards minimizing disposal and maximizing the recovery or recycling of valuable by-products.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com.
Our Waste Services Division is currently looking for a Facility Operator for our Victoria, BC location. The Facility Operator is primarily responsible for receiving incoming shipments of bulk liquid waste and treating waste water and oil. This is for a permanent full-time position of employment.
- Comply with all safe work practices and policies to ensure all work is done in a safe manner;
- Participate in morning tool box talks, safety meetings and submit JSA’s, FLHA’s and Voice Cards;
- Unload and load B-train tankers and vacuum trucks safely and securely;
- Ensure waste is received and processed in accordance with all applicable legislation;
- Complete appropriate manifest/paperwork to accurately document incoming and outgoing shipments;
- Guarantee the Facility Logbook is kept accurate and up to date;
- Collect samples for testing in house and for external testing facilities;
- Ensure the safe operation and maintenance of equipment;
- Create and maintain a clean and organized Facility.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Knowledge of chemistry and the safe handling of hazardous chemicals (training will be provided);
- Basic understanding of waste water and oil treatment (training will be provided);
- Skilled in the use and maintenance of mechanical equipment, piping and pumps;
- Fit for work each day, which includes being clean shaven;
- Capable of working in difficult weather conditions and challenging work site environments;
- Equipped to performing physical tasks, including lifting, shoveling, and moving containers or other heavy materials;
- Willing to work flexible shifts, long hours, evenings and weekends;
- Possession of a 5th Class Power Engineering ticket, or greater, would be an asset, but is not required;
- Must be able to pass federal security clearance.
- Able to communicate effectively and express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner;
- Good listening skills along with an ability to accept and follow direction;
- Skillful at maintaining a positive attitude in all aspects of work;
- Proficient at working well independently and in a team environment;
- Capable of multi-tasking, assessing situations, and prioritizing tasks accordingly.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under Careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.