About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; unscripted television production companies Whizz Kid Entertainment and Renegade 83; live entertainment leaders Round Room Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
The Company's rights library, valued at US$1.7 billion (as at 31 March 2017), is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 80,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
Seville International, an eOne company, is hiring an Intern to assist the Manager, Festivals and Marketing in executing Seville international’s festival strategy and preparing marketing materials for key festivals (TIFF, AFM, Berlin, Cannes etc.)
We are looking for someone to start May 2019. Please note this is an unpaid position so you must be enrolled in a program that requires internship experience to graduate.
This internship will allow you to:
- Understand the basics of international film distribution and promotion (from independent cinema to Hollywood cinema)
- Develop an understanding of the international film festival circuit
- Acquire knowledge in the development and creation of film marketing assets
- Gain experience in sales and international distribution, in a world-renowned company
- Gathering submission deadlines for key film festivals
- Submitting films to festivals and filling out entry forms
- Logging festival requests, invitations and passes on tracking documents
- Sending online screeners
- Drafting festival reports for producers
- Updating internal reports on weekly upcoming festival screenings
- Assisting in the creation of marketing material: film brochures, posters, trailers
- Liaising with designers as well as editing and proofreading marketing materials
- Updating the website with film information, posters and trailers
- Updating press kits with Seville International branding
- Submitting product listings to trades before markets
- Gathering and saving press breaks
- Extremely Organized and Detail Oriented
- Able to meet tight deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Strong team player and can work after hours if necessary
- Bilingual French/English is preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in the film industry or communications is an asset, but not necessary
What you’ll be a part of:
· Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
· Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
· Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
· The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
· Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
· Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.