Responsible for the manufacturing and testing of Laser Diode delivery products. This includes work orders and related paperwork that pertains to the construction of a product. They must know the theoretical and practical issues that pertain to the products in the group. They are knowledgeable in all aspects of manufacturing within their group. Interface with junior and senior personnel on R & D projects.
- Prepare designs and work orders in a timely fashion.
- Write operating procedures and work instructions.
- Train new Technicians and Assemblers on manufactured products.
- R & D design work.
- Manufacture various types of laser diode sources.
- Interface with Technical Director, Production Manager, and Quality Assurance on a technical Basis.
- Analyze and optimize optical design of products.
- Document of test results.
- Quality Assurance.
- Other duties as specified by the Laser Diode Technical Director or their appointee.
Minimum – Bachelor of Engineering, specializing in Photonics. Minor in Electronics.
3 years minimum in a production environment.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Optical and Mechanical Engineering.
- Troubleshooting anomalies in Electro-Optical Systems.
- Hands on Manufacturing.
- Work well in a group.
- Well organized.
- Ability to take direction, read drawings and follow procedures.