Responsible for the manufacturing and testing of polarization maintaining products. This includes writing work orders and related paperwork that pertains to the construction of a product. They must know the theoretical and practical issues that pertain to the products in the group. They are knowledgeable in all aspects of manufacture within their group. Interface with junior and senior personnel on R&D projects.
- Analyze and solve the problems in manufacturing
- Manufacture of various types of polarization products.
- Write operating procedures and work instructions.
- Training new Technicians and Assemblers on manufactured products.
- Participate in R&D design & manufacture work.
- Interface with Technical Director, Production Manager, and Quality Assurance on a technical Basis.
- Document test results.
- Quality Assurance.
- Other duties as specified by the polarization group managers or their appointee.
Minimum – Bachelor of Engineering, specializing in Optics/Photonics. Minor in Mechanics.
3 years minimum in a production environment.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Optical and Mechanical Engineering.
- Troubleshooting anomalies in Optical Systems.
- Hands on Manufacturing.
- Work well in a group.
- Well scheduled.
- Ability to take direction, read drawings and follow procedures.