MGI is one of the fastest growing biotechnology companies in Canada, pushing the boundaries of genomics research and healthcare with innovative new sequencing and robotics technologies. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated genomics expert to join our team and provide applications support (consultation, troubleshooting, customer training, technical advice) to MGI's customers in Canada and collaborate across sales/marketing and support teams to develop, implement and manage business strategy.
- Coordinate and conduct customer training for MGI products and applications.
- Troubleshoot issues related to experimental design, data processing, software operation, sample preparation and chemical reaction. Perform preliminary on-site failure analysis to identify root cause and feedback to corresponding company department or personnel.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Support sales efforts through technical presentations, customer management or organizing seminars.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current Commercial initiatives and strategies; maintain close collaboration with Commercial team to act on current initiatives and opportunities. Maintain proficiency in all product lines, instruments as well as applications from competitors and keep up with latest advancements in the field of NGS.
- Direct interaction with MGI product end-users and channel partners. Direct interaction with Product Support group, consisting of Product Management, Market Development Specialists, and Field Service Engineers. Maintain close relationship with global FAS colleagues, with the intent to promote collaboration, sharing of best-practices, learning, and overall communication
- Ownership of content/program creation and facilitation of field-based product line demonstrations and trainings.
- Creation of reports at the completion of field travel to document visit outcome. Act as voice of the customer and provide product feedback to departments such as Product Support, R&D, and Marketing
- Own and create content/program for technical workshops/training as directed by leadership. Represent the MGI business through participation at various global NGS related tradeshows/conferences as requested by Marketing team.
- Serve as Product Support core team member for all products. Provide feedback and direct involvement in the creation and maintenance of product documentation such as, product inserts and instructions-for-use, from the perspective of ensuring a positive customer experience
- Act as a key contributor of customer feedback to marketing and product development teams
- Proactively share experience, knowledge and skills to peers and help to build an organization with strong professionalism. Coach and mentor new hires as needed.
- Master’s degree or above in Genetics, Molecular Biology or Bioinformatics or related subject. With NGS academic training or background or work experience preferred. Undergraduate with outstanding knowledge and skills is welcomed as well.
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region (Canada). For training or occasional special calls, international travel including USA and China is required (where permitted).
- Prior field experience supporting customers in a highly technical field preferred.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated English and French written and verbal communication and training/presentation skills.
- Excellent learning ability. Experience working in an international company and biomedical instrumentation or technology preferred.
- Must be able and willing to travel, >50% time
MGI Tech Co., Ltd., one of the subsidiaries in BGI Group, is committed to building core tools and technology to lead life science through intelligent innovation. MGI focuses on R&D, production and sales of DNA sequencing instruments, advanced robotic sample preparation, reagents, and related products to support life science research, agriculture, precision medicine and healthcare. MGI is a leading producer of advanced genomic sequencing technologies, and its multi-omics platforms include genetic sequencing, mass spectrometry, medical imaging, and laboratory automation.
Founded in 2016, MGI has more than 1000 employees, nearly half of whom are R&D personnel. MGI operates in over 26 countries and regions and has established multiple research and production bases around the world. Through its innovative technology, MGI has the ambitious vision to enable effective and affordable healthcare solutions for all.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com .
Complete Genomics provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.