SNC-Lavalin is a rapidly growing full service consulting firm that is dedicated to responding to the changing needs of our clients. We are committed to providing solutions driven environmental services to assist clients in planning, managing and conducting their projects. Our growing organization is seeking like-minded individuals to join our multi-disciplinary team.
This position will be performing field work for heavy civil construction and transportation projects that may include materials testing on various construction materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregate, concrete, etc. There is a strong requirement for QA/QC procedures, coordination of project testing, reporting and teamwork. The majority of this position requires significant field work, allowing you to apply your knowledge in a construction setting.
This would be a project based casual position that would require full time hours during construction projects, with the opportunity to extend it to a permanent full-time or part-time position based on performance work demand. This opportunity will introduce you to a great team, helping you build key skills in the construction and engineering industry, specifically the application of material properties in heavy civil construction.
- Conducting materials testing in accordance with ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and CSA (Canadian Standards Association) on various materials such as asphalt, soil, aggregate, concrete, etc.)
- Density testing in-place using a nuclear densometer
- Quantity tracking and quality assurance monitoring as a field checker on surfacing projects
- Topographic and construction surveying with GPS survey equipment
- Enthusiastic participation in health and safety programs
- Minimum grade 12 High School Diploma
- Valid Saskatchewan class 5 driver’s license
- A good understanding of MS Office
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to a culture of workplace safety
- Ability to work and travel throughout the Prairie Provinces for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or a as member of a team
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and a high level of energy
Local candidates will be preferred as no relocation package will be offered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.