Are you able to easily make friends and influence others? Do you have a passion for communication and bringing people and products together? If so, this may be the position for you! Otter Products is currently recruiting for a Field Marketing Representative in Chicago, IL to join our amazing team! As a Field Marketing Representative, you will manage your market, build strong relationships, educate customers, and offer account support. You will win the heart and minds of our customers and provide a best-in-class experience. Intrigued? Keep reading…
The successful candidate will have an understanding of CPG (consumer packaged goods), retail sales, consumer electronics and/or the wireless industry. In addition, you will possess strong written and verbal communications skills, an aptitude for training/education, and the ability the present to a large group of people. This position will be remote in the assigned territory of Toronto and will require regular travel (25-50%) in order to reach your customer sites and events. Does this sound like a job you’ve been dreaming about? If so, Otter Products may be a great place to grow your career!
About Otter Products:
From our founder’s garage in 1998 to the global technology leader we are today, Otter Products continues to drive growth through innovation. Our industry-leading brands, OtterBox and LifeProof lead the way to help people do more and go more places with technology in hand. Otter Products is a global company of more than 900 Otters (employees) with offices in Fort Collins, Colo., San Diego, Calif., Hong Kong, Munich, Germany and Cork, Ireland. Our mission is simple – We Grow to Give which comes to life by way of our charitable arm, the OtterCares Foundation. From innovation and engineering to community and culture – growing to give is at the heart of everything we do.
For more information visit otterproducts.com.
- Be an Otter Products expert in a dedicated region managing relationships with key accounts to assist with the sell-through of products.
- Act as the ‘face of the brand’ to drive affinity for Otter Products. Create the best possible interactions for both customers and consumers.
- Support key accounts by:
- Conducting store and/or customer visits
- Coordinating and leading one on one and/or large trainings
- Hosting store-front selling events to interface with associates and consumers
- Developing and promoting regional contests for accounts
- Participating in promotional events and trade shows that support sales and marketing initiatives and create customer value and business growth in targeted channels
- Responsible for strategy of monthly schedule and routes to maximize time in accounts, best support a dedicated region based on month priorities, and hit/exceed set goals.
- Proactively communicate with Sales/Marketing about new products, stock-outs, displays, etc. Ensure merchandising compliance in accounts.
- Develop and maintain records of customer visits, and prepare monthly reports for accounts. Attend required Sales and/or Marketing meetings and trainings as needed.
- Educate associates and coordinate trainings. Ability to differentiate conversations/training techniques between a variety of customer contacts ranging from account Representatives to Buyers or VP of Sales.
- Acknowledge questions about products, availability, and uses while emphasizing features and demonstrating technical knowledge of our products.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of sales and marketing within Otter Products and the wireless industry.
- Develop and share best practices from the Field Marketing Representative role that can assist in standardizing processes and define needs for additional training and skills development.
- Accountable to stay within a regional budget and comply with travel guidelines.
- Other duties as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Minimum three years of work experience required including one year of experience in sales and/or marketing preferred.
- Experience with CPG (consumer packaged goods), retail sales, consumer electronics and wireless industry preferred.
Otter Products is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO).