Smook Contractors Ltd.
Field Mechanic - Heavy Duty Equipment
Job Location: Thompson, MB & surrounding area
- Inspect machinery or equipment to determine adjustments or repairs needed.
- Able to understand electrical & hydraulic schematics.
- Diagnose mechanical problems in machinery or related structures.
- Maintain or repair industrial or related equipment/machinery.
- Install equipment or attachments on machinery or related structures.
- Repair or replace malfunctioning or worn mechanical components.
- Lubricate machinery, equipment, or parts.
- Test mechanical products or equipment.
- Must have own tools.
- Follows safe work procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Journeyperson status.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
- Ability to job task plan and organize. Ability to problem solve, think critically, and make decisions.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Hours: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm. Will follow the Smook Contractors production schedule (21 to 35 days worked with a break of 5 to 7 days off). A copy of the production schedule will be given to all candidates selected for interviews.
- Work can be in a camp location or in the Thompson area. Shared accommodations will be provided.
- $45.00 - $50.00 per hour, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. RSP matching plan
Jobs are scraped from the URL http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/ rss feed