Field Project Engineer – Energy, Power & Technology – Western Canada
Exciting opportunity with our Engineering team! Utilize your Project Engineering skills to help fulfill UL’s Safety Mission!
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
About the Position
In local or international projects, our engineering teams run investigation programs for Product Field Evaluation, starting with analyzing the project scope and determining the project specifications, continuing with establishing and conducting test programs for product investigations, and ending up with preparing reports for clients. We are internationally recognized at working on technical problems of diverse purposes and obtaining solutions. We demonstrate good judgment and adhere to work processes, procedures and global standards because we are not only evaluators but we have a passion for what we do.
What You Will Do
- Conclude on your own the project scope and develop a preliminary plan of investigation accordingly.
- Determine the project specifications such as time and sample requirements by analyzing our clients input, supplemental data and product construction.
- Discuss with your clients technical issues, explain procedures and requirements and negotiate completion date and sample requirements.
- Establish appropriate test programs by reviewing files and manufacturer's information, examining samples, and applying Standard requirements.
- Notify your client of any areas in which the product is not in compliance or of any changes in project scope or specifications.
- Coordinate activities by preparing data sheets, scheduling and establishing completion dates.
- In some cases, independently conduct trials in internal and external laboratories.
- Communicate project status and results to clients through frequent contact and by preparing reports.
- Performs other duties as directed.
If you have the below, we would like to hear from you
- Degree or technical education in Electrical; Mechatronics or electronic Engineering from a recognized institution or CTECH with 10 Years
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience of working in the Field or related industries with ideally experience in testing, Inspection and Certification Industry Segment.
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code; B 149 and SPE 1000
- Ability to identify and manage priorities as demonstrated by the ability to establish, track, and meet schedules for multiple projects while maintaining project quality.
- Strong customer focus, flexibility.
- Confident, calm and decisive personality.
- Wants to work for a global market leader in the certification industry, with recognized expertise in the testing, inspecting and certifying solutions.
- Comfortable challenging the technical staff as it relates to system, sub-system and component level process and designs.
- Comfortable communicating to the team fresh out-of-the-box ideas from an outside-in perspective.
Join our Engineering Team and make a difference!