Under the direction of the Manager – Health, Safety and Wellness, this position is responsible for providing field support with a primary focus on administrating the health and safety management system.
- Conduct regular site safety inspections and hazard assessments.
- Recommend and assist with implementation of corrective actions and controls.
- Assist with site critical task planning, including crane lifts and fall protection systems.
- Assist with site emergency response planning.
- Develop safe work practices and safety job procedures.
- Provide general site safety guidance and support.
- Lead incident investigations, utilizing DNV SCAT.
- Lead site toolbox safety meetings.
- Conduct onsite quality review of health and safety documentation.
- Implement or recommend corrective action where non-compliance is observed.
- Provide coaching on safety legislation and Delnor safety program to Project Staff.
- Assist with annual COR audits.
- Conduct internal training, where qualified.
- Attend project and client meetings, when required.
- Additional tasks, as assigned.
Education: HSE related education and/or NCSO designation strongly preferred.
Experience: 2+ years’ experience in an active safety role, commercial construction experience strongly preferred.
Travel: Limited travel and own vehicle required.