At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.
The Field Service Engineer will drive customer satisfaction throughout the lifecycle of infection prevention and control systems and devices, from installation to end-of-support, through remote and on-site service delivery, which will include: technical support, installation (IQ/OQ), preventative maintenance, corrective service, and other related services. #CB
- Provide service and maintenance on electronic, electromechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC, computer, network based systems and subsystems manufactured by Cantel or other
- Completes detailed preventative and calibration service procedures; and, utilizes service documentation and schematics to complete corrective and preventative maintenance on assigned systems and subsystems
- Completes on-site pre-installation site assessment, installation and commissioning with related testing as defined by standard operating procedure or other quality system documentation, for example, site acceptance testing, installation qualification, operational qualification, and performance qualification.
- Manage customer service escalations for assigned territory
- Maintains proficiency in the use of test and calibration equipment
- Be available for extensive overnight travel throughout territory and other territories throughout Canada as required; may also include international travel for service, maintenance, and/or installation
- Work a variety of schedules including evenings, weekends, and holidays, and take assignments on short notice
- Provides secondary support to other territories in Canada
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, and customer oriented behaviours
- Provides phone and/or on-site technical and operational support for customers, sales demonstrations, and trade-shows
- Assists with quarterly regional sales and service meetings
- Manage all company assets, including service vehicles, service parts inventory, test equipment, service tools, and other equipment, as assigned
- Complete all service documentation and administrative reporting and duties including timesheets, expense reports, work orders, and documents as assigned
- Remains current with new technical advances in field of work
- Other responsibilities and services as assigned by Service Manager
- Engineering diploma or degree from an accredited college, university, or institute (preference: mechanical, electro-mechanical, industrial mechanic, electronics, biomedical)
- Excellent electronic, electrical, and mechanical skills and knowledge
- Networking and computer related service skills and knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read, understand and follow Quality System documentation
- Good organizational skills
- Basic software skills required including basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language; French speaking and written skills are an asset.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential and proprietary information
- Maintains ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must maintain a clean and valid driver’s license
- Ability to work a variety of schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to take assignments on short notice.
- Depending on regional expanse, travel miles driven may be in excess of 40,000 per year.
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds and able to lift 75 pounds on occasion
- You are able to stand and walk
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and rotate products and tools
- You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or step stools to service product
- You are willing and able to work in an environment that has humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, exposure to chemicals and slippery surfaces
- Drive for long periods of time
- Receive vaccination/immunization or poof of such that maybe required to enter the customer facilities.
- Work in the Medical industry may require front line work (non-Patient contact) in times of pandemic or communicable disease
- Ability to wear & use required PPE for completing the required job functions in your role.