As a field service engineer based in Montreal, Quebec you will travel daily by car/plane to customer sites throughout Canada including Quebec City, Chicoutimi, and the Maritimes. The position involves installing scanning electron microscopes, providing hands-on technical support, routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and instrument repair to clients. The ideal candidate will live within 25 miles/40 KM of the Montreal area. The position requires a valid driver’s license, passport, and up to 30% overnight travel.
What you will do:
- Travel throughout Canada to install new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Independently troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair scanning electron microscopes
- Inspect malfunctioning instrument to determine nature and scope of problem
- Resolve problems with affected instrument or prepare a report of findings and recommendations
- Consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment in resolving problems
- Complete and submit field service reports and weekly expense reports
The ideal candidate will have:
- An Associate’s degree in an appropriate area of electronics, engineering or science; two or more years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply analog, digital, and RF electronics
- A basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques and approaches
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex mechanical components
- Hands-on technical experience with installation and repair of equipment
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate in English and French
Since 1949, the JEOL legacy has been one of providing solutions for innovation. JEOL positively challenges the world's highest technology, forever contributing to the progress in both Science and Human society through its products. We have 60 years of expertise in the field of electron microscopy, more than 50 years in mass spectrometry and NMR spectrometry, and more than 40 years of e-beam lithography leadership. The primary business of JEOL USA is the sales of new instruments and peripherals and support of scientific instruments throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
To apply, please complete an online application at www.jeolusa.com/careers or fax resume in confidence to Human Resources at (978) 536-2484. JEOL offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including a company car and opportunities to advance within the organization.
JEOL is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.