Wave Control Systems Ltd., an Edmonton based industry leader in engineered process equipment, is seeking to hire a Field Service Manager. The Field Service Manager will manage a team of skilled tradespeople such as electricians, millwrights, instrument mechanics, and others in industrial construction and maintenance work in many of Alberta’s industrial facilities such as: oil sands, petrochemical, manufacturing, food & beverage, pharma, water & wastewater, and more.
Are you right for this position? You should have:
- Extensive experience managing tradespeople
- In-depth knowledge of electrical wiring and equipment, instrumentation and controls, and industrial construction and maintenance
- 10+ years field experience installing and servicing equipment
- Experience with quoting and costing
Wave Control is a fast-paced and innovative company with the mind and the means to optimize processes in Canadian industries, creating a more efficient and eco-friendly economy. If you want to be a part of this and you meet the requirements listed here, contact us today.
To learn about the types of service work done by Wave Control, visit our website under “Installation, Field Service, and Technical Support”: https://wavecontrol.ca
- Manage field service crew consisting of technicians in various trades (electricians, instrument mechanics, millwrights, welders)
- Provide training, support and mentorship to junior and less experienced technicians
- Provide technical advice to engineering personnel
- Work closely with engineering and management staff to ensure field and fabrication projects meet required standards and are completed on time and within budget
- Prepare designs and estimates for field service and small construction projects
- Work closely with management team on company policies, HR issues and profitability aspects of operation
- Maintain client relationship
- Actively support marketing and sales team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Electrical Journeyman ticket AND/OR Millwright or Instrumentation ticket
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in industrial environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supervision or management
- Valid Alberta driver’s license with good driving record
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with E/I Estimation
- Strong interpersonal skills with good oral and written communication capabilities
- Flexible and quickly adapts to changing priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure
Wave Control Systems offers a competitive wage and excellent benefits package.
To submit your application, send your CV/resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job posting will remain open until January 15th, 2019.