We are seeking an experienced Field Service Technician to provide on-site technical service and support at customer sites across an assigned geographical area. The Field Service Technician will troubleshoot and repair/replace hardware and networking equipment in a retail environment.
- Travel to customer sites within an assigned geographical area to investigate and diagnose customer issues using technical expertise.
- Repair/replace scanners, scales, pin pads, printers, POS machines and work stations.
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or replace hardware and network cable and connectivity issues.
- Verify quality levels are maintained and document work performed to ensure on-site support, services and repairs are complete.
- Troubleshoot cabling, identify cable pathways, install, fish, dress, cross connect and terminate UTP, co-axial and fibre-optic cables.
- Install various types of network infrastructure equipment (i.e.: switches, routers, modems, wireless access points).
- Liaise with the Help Desk on escalated technical issues.
- Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or a related program
- 5+ years of experience in IT Field Service supporting hardware, cabling and networking issues
- Familiarity with network equipment (i.e.: routers, switches, wireless access points)
- Solid hands-on experience supporting printers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Able and willing to work revolving day/night shifts, provide stand-by/on-call, and travel to customer sites in a 24/7 environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with no restrictions
- Able to operate hand and power tools and are comfortable working at heights and on lifts
- A+ Certification
- Experience providing technical support in a retail environment
- Completion of basic and advanced Health and Safety Training (WHMIS, Fall Protection, Elevated Work Platform/Working at Heights)