Location: Montreal, QC, Quebec, Canada
Requisition ID: 30020
Schindler stands for mobility. Mobility needs experts.
Join our team in Montreal, QC.
Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services. Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries.
With U.S. Headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, and Canadian Headquarters in Toronto, Ontario, Schindler Elevator Corporation is the North American operating entity of the Switzerland-based Schindler Group. Schindler is one of the leading global manufacturers of elevators, escalators and moving walks. Schindler employs over 5,000 people in more than 230 locations in North America. The company specializes in latest-technology engineering as well as mechanical and micro-technology products designed and rigorously tested for comfort, efficiency and reliability. Schindler products can be found in many well-known buildings throughout Canada, including Scotia Plaza, Bay & Adelaide, Edmonton Arena, Calgary Airport, and Vancouver Canada Line.
Field Supervisor, Existing Installations (Montreal)
Mobility is the goal
The Field Supervisor – Existing Installations (EI) is responsible for managing existing installation operational activities through conforming to customer and company requirements as related to safety, cost improvement and customer satisfaction in support of Branch/District objectives. He/She has responsibility for managing, coaching and training field employees as well as health and safety requirements.
Safety and Supervision
- Implement customer and Company requirements for quality, performance reliability and passenger safety for each location under their supervision
- Ensure exceptional quality standards, training and performance of field personnel
- Manage hourly field employees through providing mentorship, guidance and constructive feedback to promote employee development
- Make sound judgments as related to motivation, training and work assignments for all employees within their assigned responsibility, while at the same time, adjusting manpower to minimum level and meeting and or exceeding customer requirements
- Coach hourly field employees Company’s methods of quality, productivity and safety
- Monitor the work of all hourly field employees from both a quantitative and qualitative point of view
- Review of time tickets for accuracy and maintain vacation schedules
- Persuade field employees to follow practices and procedures that will foster teamwork and improve quality and productivity
- Manage/support all service work in area of responsibility within framework of financial budget
Process and Quality Management
- Manage ongoing program of project field audit to assurance conformance of performance standards of quality, completeness and safety.
- Implement route management strategy in support of assuring uniform application of preventative maintenance procedure while controlling manpower to minimum level
- Provide technical support to Sales and Field employees
- Ensure ISO compliance
Customer Service and External Relations
- Liaise with property management representatives/building owners
- Ensure compliance with government regulatory requirements
- Interpret customer concerns and mobilize the necessary internal resources in such a way that customer satisfaction is assured while cost and human resources disruption is minimized
- Ensure customer needs or enquires are met in a prompt, professional manner. Provide clear and written communications
- Demonstrate to customers that they are receiving fair value for their expenditures
- Communicate with and influence business agents, inspectors, etc., in resolving disputes
- Monitor service calls in assigned portfolio to eliminate repetitive calls
- Maintain and manage pro-active relationships with Union business agent
Mobility needs you
- Post Secondary – preferably in Business or Engineering
- 3-5 years in elevator industry or related experience, or a similar industry which includes the sales and servicing of capital equipment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Coaching and Mentorin ability to motivate and guide team members
- Communication: Communicate clearly and articulately
- Customer Service: Demonstrate costumer focus through improving performance
- Leadership: Possess solid leadership skills
- People Management: Ability to select, train, supervise and evaluate staff
- Persuasion: Persuasion is required both internally and externally. Employees and customers must frequently be motivated to act or react in a manner to support credibility
- Presentation: Ability to present materials clearly
- Problem Solvin Ability to fully understand the problem, assess responsibility, explore alternatives, develop creative solutions and negotiate settlements
- Teamwork: Ability to interact with all levels and be an integral part of the operation
- Demonstrate the ability to embrace new concepts and change as well as seek new ways of doing things
Do you want to move the future with us?
Send us your complete application.
Schindler Elevator Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our success has been built on innovation and our ability to identify with customers and respond to their needs. But most of all, we've achieved our standing by empowering our employees. We invite you to learn more about our company and to consider what we can offer - not a job, but a career - to people who have the skills and initiative to move ahead with Schindler.