At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
We are currently looking for a Home Entertainment Specialist to work at Rogers.
- Diagnose and/or correct all technical problems (Basic and Hi-Speed Internet, Basic and Digital TV and Rogers Home Phone) to the satisfaction of the customer and in accordance with company specifications.
- Reconnect/disconnect equipment and/or services as per company standards and procedures.
- Ensure that communication with customers, other departments and peers is done in a professional manner.
- Maintain strong customer relations through daily contact with customers.
- Install new services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings, apartments and commercial buildings.
- Complete installation work. (e.g., rewires, fishing, drop replacements)
- Promote and sell company services and make customers aware of same.
- Complete accurate documentation pertaining to installations, service and sales activity.
- Assist Managers in reducing departmental costs through efficiencies and improved productivity.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
- All other duties as assigned
- Pay, benefits, and work schedule as per the Durham Technical Employees Association Salary Plan.
- As this is a Durham Technical Employees Association position, Durham Association members are encouraged to apply.
- Have a Post-secondary education or comparable work experience;
- Must possess a valid driver's license, with a safe driving record.
- A+ Certification with Apple Mac experience required (or equivalent PC skills).
- Electronics Technician Certificate or Diploma would be a definite asset.
- Minimum two years Cable TV experience or equivalent experience from a related industry.
- Must have experience in PC repairs and good to exceptional P.C. troubleshooting skills.
- Must have experience with all Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Must have experience with TCP/IP protocols and NIC Installations.
- Must be able to handle all physical aspects of the job, which include lifting/moving heavy equipment (approx. 80 lbs) and climbing ladders/poles at heights up to 40 feet.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends, and overtime, as required.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Previous sales experience would be an asset.
- Circuit switch and twisted pair cable knowledge would be an asset.