As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
KIK Consumer Brands – Household Division Our Household Division (“Household”) is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 8 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. . In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting® and The Works® branded products.
The Filling Operator I is responsible for the continuous support of machine efficiency through various hands-on tasks associated with bottle filling, quality checks, product packaging, and compliance with all safety requirements (including but not limited to appropriate PPE, lifting, housekeeping.)
- Monitor bottle indexing on conveyor systems through the filling process
- Monitor and document all Quality-related items (Hourly updates on production boards, Component verification to ensure correct product is produced, Bottle and label visual inspection for accurate packaging of product, Verifying date code labeling correctness, Product verification, Weight checks on filled bottles)
- Strong communication skills regarding machine problems and quality requirements
- Ability to start and stop equipment and identify basic mechanical issues & make adjustments to machine setups (Fillers, cappers, labelers, case packers, case erectors, palletizers)
- Follow all safety requirements including using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment – PPE (safety glasses, required footwear, hearing protection, hand protection, correct lifting methods, etc.)
- Support all changeover requirements of commodity product (changing caps, line clearance, assisting mechanics with changeovers)
- Make tank switches and understand & execute the valve change process
- All additional work tasks as assigned
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience
- Able to work scheduled overtime or shift changes when required
- Basic math skill set
- Excellent communication skill set (verbal, written, etc.)
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds periodically throughout the manufacturing shift and meet physical requirements of position including lifting, bending, standing for extended periods, reaching with both hands/arms, ability to visually inspect product
- Mechanically inclined to perform minor machine corrections within job responsibilities
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.