Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
The Filling & Packaging Technician position in Drug Product Operations will be primarily responsible for vial filling, labeling and packaging in support of test kit assembly operations. Vial filling operations will cover manual, semi-automated and fully automated process scenarios. All filling and capping operations will require aseptic techniques and be conducted in a classified cleanroom setting. The Filling & Packaging Technician will be responsible for all materials handling, preparation, production, and related cleaning operations. Adherence to GMP controls is required as operations may be conducted in a GMP environment. The Filling & Packaging Technician will also support secondary packaging, warehouse and shipping preparation activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow standard laboratory practices such as pipetting and related liquid handling techniques.
- Strict adherence to aseptic filling and capping techniques during manufacturing operations.
- Operate semi-automated or automated filling, capping and labeling equipment.
- Perform standard analytical measurements such as pH measurement, viscosity and any other general analysis
- Support Drug Product warehouse operations including material sampling, production preparation, secondary packaging and cycle count support.
- Follow batch record or protocol instructions.
- Perform glassware and general equipment cleaning pre and post production.
- Conduct facility sanitization following standard operating procedures.
- Comply with cGMP principles and documentation in the execution of duties and responsibilities.
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience
- Direct work experience in cleanroom and laboratory environments
- Able to perform physically demanding, repetitive tasks for long periods.
- This position will be working in an laboratory or manufacturing/production environment.
- Medium lifting requirements of up to 30lbs; long periods of standing or sitting; detailed work and precision measurements required.
- We are hiring several positions for a 6-month contract
** NOTE: Due to COVID, we are looking to conduct preliminary interviews via Skype **
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Eurofins supports equal opportunities for inclusion and invites all qualified applicants to apply; if accommodations are required in the application or interview process, please contact us via www.eurofins.ca. Only shortlisted candidates who live within commuting distance of Mississauga/Oakville will be contacted. Selected candidates can expect to be contacted in 3-6 weeks.
No agencies please!