|Reference # :||18-08704||Title :||Finance Analyst|
|Location :||Montréal, QC, QC|
|Position Type :||Part Time/Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||12/03/2018 / 12/02/2019|
|Financial Analyst - 29278?|
Duration : 1 year
Extension possible: possible
Work Location: Montreal
• Accounting CPA title
• Understanding of Financial statements 7 years
• Large organization experience 5 years
• IFRS knowledge
• Ability to work autonomously / sense of initiative
• Ability to seize needs and translate those into technological solutions
• Strong communication skills
• Bilingual (French (conversational) and English (fluently spoken and written)
Nice to Have :
• General Insurance business knowledge
• IFRS 17 knowledge
• Previous Bank experience
• Operating Expenses and Allocations expertise
• Experience in Management Reporting and Planning/Forecasting
Within the "Finance - Systems and Special Projects " team, the candidate will accomplish a variety of tasks mostly related to the IFRS 17 initiative. Considering this new accounting standard will have major impacts on accounting, financial systems, reporting and expense allocations, bank's Finance is seeking for a Senior Finance Analyst to oversee the project and participate in the implementation, but also to be the right-hand man/woman for the manager in the IFRS 17 initiative.
The candidate will need to:
- Understand the new IFRS 17 accounting standards
- Assess the impacts and establish clear and concise requirements for Regulatory & Management Reporting, Financial Systems & Processes and Expense Allocations.
- Coordinate changes on current processes and accounting applications
- Support the implementation.
We are looking for a self-learner candidate with strong accounting and analysis skills, good understanding of technological systems and data workflow, and great reporting and forecasting capabilities, who will work along with the team to overcome a lot of diversified challenges related to IFRS 17.
• In collaboration with Management Finance and Financial Accounting teams, the candidate shall understand the new IFRS standards and their application by assessing the operational impacts on systems, processes, financial allocations, regulatory and management reporting.
• Translate new financial requirements into technological solutions.
• Participate in expense allocation study and development of a new model/ system
• Act as subject matter expert for Banks Finance and provide guidance and recommendations to various stakeholders.
• Coordinate and participate in the implementation of the required changes.