Basic Purpose of Position:
To provide support for functions of the Finance Department such as Month end processes, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Budget preparation and Special projects for both internal and external customers.
- Month End - support the month end close process related to Operations & Administration, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of related costs in the GL.
- Manage all Operations & Admin accrual working papers and provide feedback-ensuring balances are supportable and appropriate.
Prepare and import accruals/Journal Entries.
Reconcile general ledger accounts & prepare audit papers.
- Review and adjust spend details prior to close for reasonability.
- Financial Analysis - prepare variance analysis of Operations & Admin costs and provide analytical explanations for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Financial Reporting - prepare, review and provide cost summaries and variance explanation reports for Directors and VPs.
- Budget Preparation - support planning and preparation of the budget and outlook processes by providing recommendations, assistance and training for department managers and directors. Assist in managing the budget.
- Process Review – review existing procedures within Operations & Admin and Finance with efforts to streamline and increase efficiencies while improving our financial reporting and management information.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, andthe safety of co-workers and customers.