Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Finance Accounts Receivable
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
On Call: No
The Finance Clerk is responsible for accounting functions which includes accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable, finance administration, general accounting, and banking and treasury.
Accounts Payable (AP)
- Completes accounts payable vendor set-up into SAP.
- Processes accounts payable invoices and cheque requests, ensures proper approvals, supporting documentation and general ledger coding.
- Accurately records payments and invoices into accounting software (SAP).
- Maintains vendor files both in electronic and hard copies.
- Ensures the AP transactional data is accurate and entered in a timely manner to achieve the timelines established for the monthly financial statements.
Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Completes accounts receivable billing batch calculations and uploads into SAP.
- Processes Homecare LHIN billings and reconciles the payments (Ontario region).
- Prepares customer invoices and applies accounts receivable payments received to customer accounts in SAP.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Ensures the AR transactional data is accurate and entered in a timely manner to achieve the timelines established for the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Produces monthly aged AR reports for sites and provides assistance in collections process.
- Monitors AR balances and conducts collection procedures, where appropriate including sending customer statements of account and collection letters, calling customers and responding to customer inquiries.
- Determines uncollectable accounts and recommends write-offs to Finance Manager
General accounting and reporting
- Supports the preparation of bank account and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepares the weekly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) statistical reports.
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation of financial reports on a monthly basis for financial analysis and management requirements.
- Assists with other finance duties as required, including preparation of annual budget and audit requirements.
- Ensures the General Ledger (GL) transactional data is accurate and entered in a timely manner to achieve the timelines established for the monthly financial statements.
- Performs office administrative duties related to leases, credit cards, telecommunication equipment and expense claims as required. Attends monthly finance team meetings to support team priorities.
- Undertakes special projects and other accounting and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Interacts regularly with internal staff, volunteers, managers, and CSS Managers.
- Works collaboratively with the finance leadership team to support the business objectives.
- Develops and maintains customer centric relationships with vendors or customers.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in the AR, AP or general accounting.
- Knowledge of SAP and COGNOs is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs (particularly Excel).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment with high confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to exercise initiative, tact, discretion and judgment; ability to deal effectively with people and work under pressure.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt and embrace change in accounting processes
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.