Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people, working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments, and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather, architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visitwww.knoll.com
The Canadian Controller will report directly to the Sr Director, Finance, North America, with a dotted line to the Vice President, Manufacturing (Toronto). The Site Controller will be responsible for the development, communication and achievement ofthe financial goals for Knoll - Toronto. Assure the financial integrity of related financial information. Report financial results and forecasts with accuracy and on timely basis. Provide critical financial input and serve as a key contributor of the management team. Partner with North American Knoll Office Sales, Marketing and Customer Service organizations to oversee the financial operations of each function. This includes daily, monthly and annual reporting and budgeting requirements, as well as maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger.
- Responsible for the management and development of a team of finance professionals providing analysis, annual planning, ongoing forecast, business partnering, decision support, financial reporting, costing and accounting for Knoll’s Canadian operations
- Partner with the Site VP Manufacturing to provide the leadership to communicate and relate financial measurements to non-financial functions to motivate and challenge the Knoll team to reach their full potential
- Support the achievement of financial and non-financial goals including: Safety, Op. Profit, Budgets, Capital Spending, SCCOT, Cycle Time, Inventory Investment and Accuracy
- Team Builder and an active participant and contributor to the continuous improvement process at Knoll
- Provide financial analysis of cost and variances, sales discounting, manpower planning and management, inventory management, warranty, purchasing and budgets
- Support the implementation of lean manufacturing by driving continuous improvement, re-sourcing and value engineering projects
- Proactively identify underperforming products, partner with Marketing on competitive and product trend analysis to better target price increases and maximize shareholder value
- Support key product development initiatives through high quality decision support such as cost analysis, make vs. buy, capital investment and new product profit goals
- Implement productivity and value improvements within the finance function improving the quality and timeliness of reporting, insight and transaction processing
- Responsible for maintaining an effective internal control framework within the Toronto Site
- Supervise activities related with Treasury, AP, Tax, Transfer Price, and Pension calculations
- Understand, develop and follow all policies and procedures with strong commitment to quality
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and MBA are a plus.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) required.
- Minimum of five to seven years managerial experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of experience in an accounting discipline.
- Several years of cost accounting and tax background/financial reporting is strongly recommended.
- Strong strategic orientation.
- High level of interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Strong skills to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professional skepticism.
- Experience with ORACLE EBS.
- Experience with LAN based accounting systems an asset is a plus.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Knoll strives to ensure that all recruiting practices and processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. Should you require an accommodation at any stage in the recruitment, assessment or selection process please firstname.lastname@example.org.